Want to dance at an outdoor barbecue? You may not find it easy to install an outdoor speaker, but as long as you do it yourself, you will find it much easier than it looks. It takes about an afternoon to install your own speakers, but you can save money on hiring electricians. So get started. You can enjoy the exciting music right away, but be careful of the neighbors’ complaints.
1. Install the player indoors. Most outdoor speakers use the existing indoor player, because the player is a sensitive electronic device, so it is generally placed indoors. Multi channel player allows you to play different music indoors and outdoors.
2. Install a volume control box outdoors. But you need to put it in a sheltered place. You need to use the speaker cable to connect the player to the volume control box, and then connect it from the volume control box to the speaker. Most volume control boxes can be easily installed on outdoor walls.
Multiple volume control boxes can be used to control multiple pairs of speakers. Thus, different volume can be set in different areas.
3. If you want to install more than one pair of speakers, you can install a multi-channel amplifier. The new speaker will increase the chance of player overload. You can install a power amplifier next to the player, and then lead the speaker cable from the amplifier.
4、准备满足性能要求的音箱线。如果距离小于 24 米，你可以选用 16-gauge 的线缆；如果距离大于 24 米，你需要选用 14 或 12-gauge 的线缆。如果你没有使用满足性能要求的线缆，音箱音质将会受到影响。因为距离越长，信号的衰减就会越严重。
4. Prepare speaker cable to meet performance requirements. If the distance is less than 24 meters, you can choose 16 gauge cable; If the distance is more than 24 meters, you need to choose 14 or 12 gauge cable. If you don’t use a cable that meets the performance requirements, the sound quality of the speaker will be affected. Because the longer the distance, the more serious the signal attenuation.
A cable with four wires can connect two pairs of speakers, so you can avoid using too many cables.
符合 CL2 和 CL3 标准的户外音箱线符合美国墙内标准，因此你可以将它们穿过墙壁，而无需担心影响其他电子设备，或者增加火灾风险。这类线缆还可以抵御风雨等恶劣情况，因此适合在室外安装。
Cl2 and CL3 compliant outdoor speaker cables meet us wall in standards, so you can pass them through the wall without worrying about affecting other electronic devices or increasing the risk of fire. This kind of cable can also withstand wind and rain and other adverse conditions, so it is suitable for outdoor installation.
You can reserve 10-15% of the length of the cable to bypass obstacles, and keep the cable loose. Because if the cable is too tight, the wire may deform, which will affect the sound quality.
5. Connect the speaker cable from the player to the outdoor area. Drill a hole in the bottom of the wall to allow the speaker cable to come out of the room. Then, you need to seal the opening with silicone to keep the room insulated. Connect the speaker cable to the volume control box, and then connect the second cable from the control box to the speaker.
Do not use the window or door frame to pierce the speaker line. Because it can deform the wires, which can affect the sound effect.
有些新型音箱可以采用无线方式进行连接，并使用蓝牙设备进行控制。如果你采用无线方式安装音箱，那么无需考虑线缆的问题。你需要确保播放器支持蓝牙音箱，并将音箱放置在距离播放器较近的地方。在没有障碍物的情况下，蓝牙传输距离最长为 45 米。位于播放器和音箱之间的墙壁将缩短有效传输距离。
Some new speakers can be connected wirelessly and controlled by Bluetooth devices. If you install the speaker wirelessly, you don’t need to consider the cable. You need to make sure that the player supports Bluetooth speakers and that the speakers are placed closer to the player. In the case of no obstacles, the maximum transmission distance of Bluetooth is 45 meters. The wall between the player and the speaker will shorten the effective transmission distance.
Install and secure the speaker
1. Place the speaker in a sheltered place. Although most outdoor speakers can cope with severe conditions such as wind and rain, if you provide some protection when using speakers, their service life will be greatly extended. So try to put the speaker under the eaves or terrace, so as to reduce the damage of bad weather to the speaker.
2、将音箱分开放置。两只音箱之间至少要有 2.5-3 米的距离。如果音箱之间距离太近，它们的声音会相互干扰，从而使得声音效果不佳。如果音箱之间距离太远，观众将很难同时听到两只音箱的声音，从而无法体验到立体声音效。
2. Separate the speakers. There should be at least 2.5-3 meters between the two speakers. If the distance between speakers is too close, their sound will interfere with each other, which makes the sound effect poor. If the distance between speakers is too far, it will be difficult for the audience to hear the sound of two speakers at the same time, so that they can not experience the stereo sound effect.
3. Extra channels. A pair of speakers can play two channels: left and right. The two channels work together to create a stereo effect. When you want to install more than one pair of speakers, you need additional left and right channels to ensure stereo effect. If you want to install more speakers, you need to pay more attention to this problem.
If you install speakers along one wall, the extra left and right channels need to be installed on both sides of the wall.
If you install speakers around the balcony, install two left speakers in two opposite corners and two right speakers in the other two opposite corners.
4. Listen before fixing the speaker. First, make sure that the sound effect and range of the speaker meet the requirements, and then fix the speaker. Audition before installation can not only save a lot of time, but also reduce all kinds of problems when using the system for the first time.
Give priority to groups of speakers instead of increasing the volume. If you can’t hear music everywhere you need it, give priority to adding a pair of speakers instead of turning the volume to maximum.
5、将音箱固定到较高的位置，但是不要固定在过高的位置。在高处安装音箱可以让声音传播更远，从而使得较少音箱覆盖更大范围。但是，如果你将音箱放置到 3 米或更高，声音的很多低音部分都无法听见。因此，请尽量将音箱放置在距离地面 2.5-3 米的地方。
5. Fix the speaker in a higher position, but not in a higher position. Installing speakers at high places can make the sound spread further, so that fewer speakers can cover a larger area. However, if you place the speaker at 3 meters or higher, many of the bass parts of the sound will not be heard. Therefore, please try to place the speaker 2.5-3 meters away from the ground.
6. Tilt the speaker down to promote sound transmission. This will provide a better hearing experience for the audience and reduce the impact on the neighbors. Most of the brackets allow the speaker to be tilted, and many have spindles that allow you to install the speaker at any angle you want.
7. Install and fix according to the manual. The installation and fixation methods of different supports are different, but you generally need to drill holes in the fixed position. So you need to have a drill that can penetrate the brick.
Only fix the speaker to wood or masonry. Don’t fix it on wood or aluminum, because it may make the speaker loose. This will also cause vibration, resulting in a decline in sound quality, and even make the speaker drop.
Use outdoor support. The outdoor speaker bracket is specially designed for bad weather. Ordinary supports will rust or become insecure when used outdoors.
8. Connect the speaker with a banana plug. Banana connector is much stronger than direct wire connection, so it is more suitable for outdoor speakers. The socket behind the speaker and player can be directly connected to the banana interface.
你需要将音箱线末端绝缘层剥开，才能安装香蕉接口插座。每根音箱线都有红色和黑色两根导线。你可以将两根导线分开以方便连接。导线末端需要剥开大约 2 厘米的长度。
You need to peel off the insulation at the end of the speaker cable to install the banana socket. Each speaker cable has two red and black wires. You can separate the two wires to facilitate the connection. The end of the wire needs to be stripped about 2 cm in length.
When the wire is stripped, loosen the screw at the end of banana socket, and then insert the bare wire into the end of socket. After the wire is inserted, tighten the screw. Repeat the above steps to connect another exposed wire.
1. Read the technical specification documents of speakers and players. Sometimes the sound of the speaker is distorted or blurred, which can be caused by many reasons. The most common reason is the device mismatch. You can check if the ohm value of the speaker supported by the amplifier or player matches your current speaker; You can also check whether the speaker supports the output voltage of the power amplifier. You need to read the device documentation to make sure that all devices match each other.
2. Check the connection. If you accidentally connect the positive and negative poles of the speaker cable, you may not hear any sound. So you need to check the connection carefully to make sure that the black wire goes into the black socket and the red wire goes into the red socket.
If the speaker is too far away and you don’t use enough cable, the sound of the speaker may be distorted. You can move the speaker close to the player and connect it with a shorter cable or a better cable.
A short circuit in the speaker cable can cause very serious damage. So make sure that the exposed red and black lines at the ends don’t touch each other.
3. Check for physical damage. Check the speaker for physical damage. The sound of the damaged speaker is very hard to hear, so please make sure that the subwoofer of the speaker is not damaged. If you find physical damage, replace the speaker.