SUV 是指运动型实用汽车，不同于可在崎岖地面使用的 ORV 越野车（Off-Road Vehicle 的缩写）；SUV 全称是 sport utility vehicle，或 suburban utility vehicle，即城郊实用汽车，是一种拥有旅行车般的空间机能，配以货卡车的越野能力的车型。
SUV is a kind of sport utility vehicle, which is different from the off road vehicle that can be used on rough ground. The full name of SUV is sport utility vehicle, or suburban utility vehicle, that is, suburban utility vehicle. It is a kind of vehicle with space function like station wagon and cross-country ability of freight truck.
1. Approach angle: the slope on which the vehicle can move upward without scratching the bottom of the front bumper.
2. Departure angle: the slope on which the vehicle can travel downward without scratching the bottom of the rear bumper.
3. Downhill control: an electronic driving aid device that automatically keeps the vehicle in a crawling state when going downhill. Like cruise control, hill descent control needs to be done manually.
4. Limited slip differential: a differential type that detects when the wheel is slipping and automatically transfers engine torque to the opposite wheel.
5. Part time four wheel drive: four wheel drive system which needs manual operation. Part time four wheel drive systems are usually only available in wet terrain or bad weather.
6. Transfer case: the transfer case is installed at the rear of the gearbox and is a component used to distribute engine torque between the front and rear axles. It usually provides high and low range settings.