SUV 是指运动型实用汽车，不同于可在崎岖地面使用的 ORV 越野车（Off-Road Vehicle 的缩写）；SUV 全称是 sport utility vehicle，或 suburban utility vehicle，即城郊实用汽车，是一种拥有旅行车般的空间机能，配以货卡车的越野能力的车型。
SUV refers to a sports utility vehicle, which is different from the off-road vehicle (ORV) that can be used on the rugged ground. The full name of SUV is sport utility vehicle, or suburban utility vehicle, that is, suburban utility vehicle, which is a kind of vehicle with the space function of a traveling vehicle and the off-road ability of a cargo truck.
1. Approach angle: the gradient that the vehicle can drive upward without scratching the bottom of the front bumper.
2. Departure angle: the gradient that the vehicle can drive downward without scratching the bottom of the rear bumper.
3. Downhill control: an electronic driving aid device that automatically keeps the vehicle in crawling state when downhill. Like cruise control, hill descent control needs to be performed manually.
4. Limited slip differential: a differential type that can detect when the wheel is slipping and automatically transfer the engine torque to the opposite wheel.
5. Part time four-wheel drive: a four-wheel drive system requiring manual operation. Part time 4WD systems are generally only available on slippery terrain or in severe weather.
6. Transfer case: the transfer case is installed at the rear of the gearbox, which is a component used to distribute engine torque between the front and rear axles. It usually provides high and low range settings.